AKT Pass Rate
69% All applicants
79% ST2 First time applicants
71% ST3 First time applicants
Fail Rates by Ethnicity
29.4% Afro carribean
Fail Rates by Country of Graduation and Sex
9.1% UK Graduates (Male 12%, Female 6%)
24.8% European Graduates (Male 43%, Female 27%)
43.1% International Medical Graduates (Male 31%, Female 28%)
- First time applicants have the highest pass rates.
- Based on RCGP results there is no statistical advantage to delaying your AKT until ST3. Consider taking the AKT
late in your ST2 year to clear this hurdle before the very busy ST3 year.
- Female applicants have consistently higher pass rates than their male counterparts.
- White Female UK Graduates as a group have the highest chance of passing.
- Male International Medical Graduates have the lowest chance of passing.
- The AKT is anonymously marked removing marker bias against candidates based on their ethnicity or sex.